Anime'tion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Help

Go down

Computer Help Empty Computer Help

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Alright... Trying to keep this forum alive with actual topics. Anywayz... I caught a virus on my desktop about 2 days ago, my anti virus sucks apparently cause it didn't find it until windows gave me a pop up saying "YOU'RE SCREWED"
Too lazy to look up quality antiviruses I pretty much formatted my computer. Anywayz! Can someone help with links to either free or very cheap antivirus to keep my computer alive?

oh. AND POST COMPUTER RELATED QUESTIONS AND ADVICE HERE

Back to top Go down

Computer Help Empty Re: Computer Help

Post by Connor Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Avast! Best in the biz bra.
Connor
Connor
Admin

https://animetion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 pm

i completly and totally agree but avast and other antivirus sites (for some viruses) wont appear and so your fucked. that was my situation last spring and i had to wipe my hard drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:38 pm

did you try going through another site that would let you connect to it instead? It usually allows you to bypass that. I almost had to do that, but with StopZilla instead, and StopZilla cost money so I almost had to pay. But luckily, at the last minute found a way onto Avast. But yeah, I doubt that that's the case with Alex. So he should just, get Avast. Right?
Connor
Connor
Admin

https://animetion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:21 am

I personally hate avast... I went with AVG, but neither was able to find the sinowal virus that was buried deep into my computer. The extensive work of formatting my computer was done in about 3-4 hours due to the fact that I had to transfer important files (KENSHIN!), download the files back onto the comp to make it look like nothing happened, then run a awful long virus scan on my computer to make sure that damn virus was deleted with my 100gb of anime *lowers head* "RIP"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:26 am

You should just back all of your Kenshin up on a giant CD or DVD collection, it would be fun to show off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 am

True.. but my computer is a piece of shit and can't write files to a DVD... which means it would be hundreds of DVR's that I would have to use. UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS OF A WAY FOR ME TO FIX THAT PROBLEM!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:30 pm

get a portable hard drive. not flash drive hard drive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum